Sunday, February 06, 2005

Cheerios!

This was a good week although I can't think of anything in particular that we did. The boys continue to behave themselves for me during the day and take naps at the same time after lunch. Giving time in the middle of the day to clean up and get ready for afternoon therapies.
We've learned that it's the little things that count when it come to Dylan and this week he did something he couldn't do before. It was exciting for us. On Thursday things were pretty busy and I didn't have a chance to eat before having to sit down and nurse Jordan so I grabbed some dry cheerios to snack on. Dylan was sitting with me as usual and he let me know he wanted some of what I was eating. I gave him one thinking he would spit it out like he had before or choke on it and then spit it like he had before.Because he has a hard time chewing things that are hard. But he totally surprised me by crunching on it before swallowing it and asking for more. This was the first time he had been able to eat a cheerio and keep it in his mouth. He was so proud of himself and started to laugh. He thought it was neat that when he chewed it, it made a crunch noise. So today at church he joined the kid trend of snacking on cereal to keep quiet.
Jordan is outgrowing his 0-3 months clothing so this week I will have to pull out his 3-6 month things. Could it be that my little boy is not a newborn anymore? It makes me sad. So I decided that I should get over my "not wanting pictures taken till I lose weight" issue and take picture with my little boy before it's too late.
Hope you all are doing great. Have a great week and Happy Birthday Mom!!


No comments: