Saturday, February 19, 2005

Out and about...

We had a very fun week. Ken had Friday off as a "Goal Day" basically he and his coworkers reached a goal and they get a day off. I don't really get it, but I'm not complaining. We enjoy having him here. He was able to get some house stuff done, that we normally put off because we like to enjoy our weekends. This week we borrowed a double jogging stroller from a friend since we are in limbo about if we want a wide double stroller or a long tandum stroller. Thinking about the pros and cons of each since they are pretty expensive and we don't have money to waste. But now we are sure about the double jogging stroller, we have been going different places in it to test it out. I've been able to go walking all week and the boys love it. Then it passed the test as we were able to take it to the mall and maneuver it well through the crowds. I'm very excited about it. Today we took it to the park and boys sat in it for a little while so Ken and I could play a quick game of tennis. Afterwards we rewarded them by taking them to feed the ducks at the pond.
Dylan continues to progress and we are seeing some positive and optimistic results from his botox. He is much more loose. His upper body feels completly different. Where before it was a struggle for me to move his hands while we sing head, shoulders, knees and toes. We can now touch anywhere and it's easy. I think he enjoys this too. Although other things have been harder for him to get used to. Where before he could use his stiffness to hold up his trunk while laying on his belly, now that he is forced to use the proper muscles it's a struggle for him. But he's doing it. This week he was able to lift a toy up while holding himself up with the other hand. (like in the pictures) which he was never able to do before. Sure we were bribing him with candy, but whatever works, right?
Jordan is quickly catching up to Dylan. They are such good playmates. Dylan loves watching Jordan and I think it motivates him to work harder. Jordan is starting to kick his legs more and likes to kick at Dylan's feet. Till next week!

No comments: