Monday, May 30, 2005

Memorial Day...

We hope you all had a great Memorial Day weekend. Our was nice, just what I needed after my time alone with the boys. The boys were very patient with me while Ken was away in Kansas. And I kept us busy to make time go by faster and I was so glad that the boys go to bed at 7pm. By that time I was ready to have some time for myself.
Ken came home on Thurday afternoon and we left within 2 hours for Atlanta. We got to my parents house at 1am or so. Driving at night was so great. Both boys slept the whole time and it made the trip so nice. Ken and I enjoyed the time alone to talk. We don't get to do that as much as we would like. On Friday we went to the Lake and took Dylan jet skiing for the first time. The water was a little cold, but that didn't keep him away. He thought it was fun. We had a good time. Then on Saturday we took the boys in to get their pictures taken. My friend from high school work as the Target Studio and does a great job with Dylan and now Jordan. That day we took the boys to see Madigascar. It was a cute movie. I think Jordan enjoyed it more than Dylan. Jordan stared at the screen in awe. It was really funny. He did great in there. Dylan likes going to the movies too. And this one was more fun than usual because the theatre was filled with kids. So their laughter made funny parts more funny. We also went to Stone Mountain to see the Laser Show. It's been a while since we've been. It was fun to be there again. THey had a special salute to the Armed Forces since it was Memorial Day.
We headed back today after visiting with some friends. The day trip was much harder. We stopped atleast 4 times to entertain kids and let them stretch. But it's good to be home. We have an exciting week ahead. Dylan starts school on Wednesday! Make sure to check back next week for First Day of School pictures.

No comments: