Saturday, May 14, 2005

Summer time fun...

It looks like Summer is nearly here. We had been enjoying a nice long Spring and this week we've been in the 80's. It's not too bad yet, but I'm not looking forward to the summer heat and humidity. But right now it's just perfect for some summer activities. We've had a fun week, on Wednesday it was our 4th wedding Anniversary and Ken took me out on Friday night to celebrate. We went to a great Japanese restaurant, then played minature golf (I won). We got ice cream on the way home. Normally we would postpone a celebration till my parents were in town or we were in Atlanta so we could leave Dylan with them, but this time we used the money we got as gifts from family to pay a sitter for the boys. This was the first time we got a sitter for the boys so we could go out on an actual date. We felt very grown up. Not that we haven't left Dylan with anyone before, but we used to swap kids with friends. Now that we have two boys who have early bedtimes we thought it would be best to have someone watch them at home. They did great and so did I. We came home to sleeping angels. It was great. We will have to add babysitting to our budget to make this a more regular thing.
Today we took the boys to Black Water River. We had never been before, even though it's only half hour away. It was much different than what I had imagined because there was sand on the bottom instead of rocks. The water was a little cold for Jordan to get in, but Ken and Dylan had fun while Jordan played in the sand. My job was to keep Jordan from eating the sand! And then after that I wanted to go to our friend's pool so Jordan and I could swim. Jordan had so much fun in the pool. It looks like we have 2 water babies! Have a good week and leave comments. I always wonder who actually looks at this site.

No comments: