Sunday, August 28, 2005

Just me and Dylan...

This week has come and gone way too quickly. Ken was swamped at work this week and it seems like we hardly got to see each other. We made sure to have a fun weekend before he left to present at a conference in Santa Fe this week. We took the boys to the playground here in town that becomes a fun little water park during the summer. Then on Saturday we went to Pensacola and had fun shopping. Maybe just I had fun. A new Joanns opened and everything was 50 % off. Woo hoo! I got some Disney papers ( for when I do our Disney album) and a punch I've been wanting. Besides that we have been preparing for a possible hurricane that is now going to hit in New Orlean. I feel so bad for those people with this being such a huge storm, but I'm glad I don't have to deal with it when Ken is out of town. He left this afternoon and took Jordan with him. Not to Santa Fe, but dropped him off in Atlanta with my parents. It was a last minute idea. Ken was worried about leaving me with boys incase Katrina decided to take a turn our way. I told him I would be fine, but then he said he had a long layover in Atlanta and it was too bad Dylan was in school or he cold take him to Atlanta. Then he said I should take Jordan. I was hesitant at first, but I finished weening him so he doen't need me anymore and then I started thinking of everything I have to to this week and all the sudden I thought; why not? They arrived to Atlanta at 4:30 pm and I just got off the phone with my mom and he's a happy kid already in bed.
Dylan is also a happy kid getting all his mom's attention. School is cancelled tomorrow and so it will be fun having him home and spending alone time together again. He had botox on his legs 2 weeks ago and he is showing some great progress in his sitting. I'm looking forward to working with him without interuption from a jealous little brother. And he has a couple appointments in Pensacola this week too. So it should be a busy week. Ken and Jordan return early friday afternoon. hope you all are great week and leave comments. I love reading them and I fixed it so anyone can leave comments without registering. Bye!

3 comments:

Shayleen Lunt said...

Hey Karen! Loved the pictures this week! I too like that one of Jordan looking at the sunset. I'm so glad you have great parents to watch help you out this week (even though they probably see it as you doing them a favor:) I am also glad you won't have to battle this hurricane. Good luck this week with all of Dylan's appointments!

Anonymous said...

I love looking at the pictures as always thanks for sharing. I am glad that you guys are not going to experience Katrina you 2 need a break w/all the bad weather that y'all have had in the past. I sure you are going to miss having Jordan around getting into everything huh? Dylan look so happy and adorable in his pictures and Jordan is such a cutie. Anyways you and Dylan have fun this week. Talk to you later Amber

Anonymous said...

Hey Karen. Fun to catch up on your news. SOunds like life has been eventful (when it is not?). I had forgotten that your brother was due home soon. Sounds like you guys had a great time in Panama City. Glad to hear that Dylan is still loving school. Some great pictures here. Ida