Sunday, October 23, 2005

Finally Fall...

I love fall, it's my favorite season. And it's finally here! Last year it was summer clear to the begining of December. As if being pregnant wasn't hard enough I had to be pregnant while the weather was setting record highs. This year it's the way it should be. The ant piles are gone and the mosquitos are less noticeable (this is Florida, they are never totally gone) so we can go out and play. It's been fun. Next year I will be wishing for some Florida warmth this time of year. It's flown by, but we've been here for almost 3 years so for us it's moving time again. We don't know for sure yet, but it looks like we are headed back up to Wright Patterson in Ohio. Ken is a glutton for punishment and wants to get his PhD. I'm trying not think about it until we get official orders, but we decided that we need to do more things around here before we move. This weekend was the annual Mullet Festival and while for the last two years I thought it was mullet after the haircut, it's actually a fish. So we went on Friday night. It was interesting, but we took it as a southern cultural experience. You'll see what I mean when you see the pictures. Then on Saturday we went to visit a pumpkin patch. It was such a nice day that we went to the Destin Commons to walk around and then to lunch and then to the park before heading home. It was a fun weekend.

1 comment:

Shayleen Lunt said...

Karen,
Great pictures this week! I can't believe that Jordan is running around. When is his birthday? I love the picture of Jordan eating the leaf and of Dylan smiling/laughing at running from Jordan. You have such an adorable family! We took Olivia to a pumpkin patch this weekend and and didn't bring the most important thing...a camera! I might have to go back this week sometime! Love ya! ps let us know if you are going back to Dalton. Aaron got an offer this week from GE in Cincinnati, but we're not real sure on accepting yet because Aaron has a couple more interviews coming up.
Shayleen